Coat of Arms
The Coat of Arms of Meli Lupi family
The earliest coat of arms used by Meli Lupi of Soragna family was ‘an azure wolf rampant in a gold field’. In 1530 Emperor Charles V granted the right to add the black double eagle surmounted by the Imperial crown to it. When later, in 1709, the family was granted the title of Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, the Meli coat of arms, comprising respectively a stag rampant and the red and gold bands of nobility of the Veneto, was added to that of the Lupi family. A further addition to the coat of arms was the crown of a Prince, above crimsom velvet mantling.